By Edward H. Judge,John W. Langdon
Read Online or Download A Hard and Bitter Peace: A Global History of the Cold War PDF
Similar russian history books
Utilizing a variety resources, this ebook explores the ways that the Russians ruled their empire in Siberia from 1598 to 1725. Paying specific realization to the function of the Siberian Cossaks, the writer takes an intensive review of ways the associations of imperial govt functioned in 17th century Russia.
The Soviet Union created a special kind of city modernity, constructing associations of social provisioning for thousands of hundreds of thousands of individuals in small and medium-sized commercial towns unfold throughout an enormous territory. After the cave in of socialism those associations have been profoundly shaken--casualties, within the eyes of many observers, of market-oriented reforms linked to neoliberalism and the Washington Consensus.
The 20th century used to be no longer type to Russia. regardless of its nice strength and noteworthy achievements, the rustic additionally bore the load of 2 global wars, a revolution and civil conflict, totalitarian tyranny, famine and ecological destruction, financial ruin, and imperial decline. Will Russia ever be filthy rich, peaceable, and unfastened?
Outsiders view Russia as an aggressor, yet Russians see themselves as surrounded via enemies, defensively struggling with off invader after invader, or known as upon via heritage to be the savior of Europe, or Christianity, or civilization itself, frequently at gigantic rate. As Gregory Carleton indicates, warfare is the unifying thread of Russia’s nationwide epic.
- Landscape and Culture in Northern Eurasia (UNIV COL LONDON INST ARCH PUB)
- The Tsar's Foreign Faiths: Toleration and the Fate of Religious Freedom in Imperial Russia (Oxford Studies in Modern European History)
- Documents on Soviet Jewish Emigration (Cummings Center (Hardcover))
- The Politics of National Character: A Study in Interwar East European Thought (Routledge Studies in Comparative Political Thought)
- A Month in the Country (TCG Classic Russian Drama Series)
- The Agony of the Russian Idea
Additional info for A Hard and Bitter Peace: A Global History of the Cold War
A Hard and Bitter Peace: A Global History of the Cold War by Edward H. Judge,John W. Langdon