By George Stachokas
- Describes how digital assets represent either a problem and a chance for libraries
- Argues that librarians can re-define themselves
- Puts the case that libraries could be reorganized to optimize digital source administration and data companies in keeping with modern expertise and consumer needs
Read or Download After the Book: Information Services for the 21st Century (Chandos Information Professional Series) PDF
Similar library & information science books
This name supplies concrete useful examples of ways to align institution library courses and educational perform with the six key thoughts of brain-compatible studying: expanding enter to the mind; expanding experiential info; a number of resource suggestions; decreasing chance; related to scholars in studying selection making; and interdisciplinary unit making plans.
On a daily basis researchers face an onslaught of beside the point, faulty, and occasionally insidious info. whereas new applied sciences offer strong instruments for gaining access to wisdom, no longer all details is created equivalent. necessary info should be tucked away on a shelf, buried at the hundredth web page of seek effects, or hidden at the back of electronic obstacles.
The Invisible Librarian: A Librarian's consultant to expanding Visibility and influence presents insights into what many librarians are feeling, together with questions corresponding to "do they suppose invisible? " and "How time and again have they heard anyone say ‘but every thing is at the Internet’? " when you are a librarian suffering to discover the easiest approach for the way forward for the career in a swiftly altering info setting, this booklet is for you.
This quantity bargains updated insights into the country of library and knowledge technological know-how (LIS) within the center East and North Africa. coated issues contain info literacy, highbrow estate, LIS schooling and learn, publishing and extra. This well timed contribution therefore provides very important components of study on a quarter that gets particularly little insurance and is presently experiencing speedy and critical adjustments.
- LIS Career Sourcebook: Managing and Maximizing Every Step of Your Career: Managing and Maximizing Every Step of Your Career
- Digital Dieting: From Information Obesity to Intellectual Fitness
- Library Information and Resource Sharing: Transforming Services and Collections
- Trigger Warnings: History, Theory, Context
Extra resources for After the Book: Information Services for the 21st Century (Chandos Information Professional Series)
After the Book: Information Services for the 21st Century (Chandos Information Professional Series) by George Stachokas